Tuesday 12 February 2019

Minimalism | Zero Waste

I have been adopting minimalism since 2017, still an apprentice obviously..
But I have started a challenge with my sister to clutter unwanted items for 31 days.
Day 1= 1 item, Day 2= 2 items, Day 3= 3 items etc..
I completed it but my sis don't.. loser babe 🤣
Minimalism is not just about clutter free home but the mind as well.
It needs more than just words but actions too.

Image result for minimalism

I wish I can practice and stick to minimalism concept more when I returned to Malaysia this year.
Besides, after I have stayed in an organic farm for a week as a helper.
I found out another interesting concept - Zero Waste

Image result for zero waste
yes!
How I began to fall into this trap?
I mean, when I am leaving the organic farm, I cleared the small trash in my room to the common bin.
I noticed that I produced so little waste for the entire week which is lesser than what I thrown a day back then.
And I started thinking about why?
So, we ate the grown vege from the farm, drink milk from the feed cow, make cheese and butter from the milk, sausages made by the host and make some mint/ lemon tea from the herbs grown in the farm too. We literally produced only food scrap waste which is then feed to the two cute piggy in the farm.
And.. And?
Ya.. We didn't throw anything except for the noodles packaging.
Hence, I started to flash back how many waste I produced everyday..
I have read articles online and found many zero wasters they actually produced just a small jar of waste for years..



I am embarrassed that I produced that amount of waste within a normal day!
I am learning and hopefully I can have some progress to update here soon!

Cheers...K

No comments:

Post a Comment